Businesses are powerful constituents of society and the most successful, respected, and desirable businesses exist to do much more than make money; they exist to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Bharat Parenterals Limited is engaged in variety of social projects that involves health, primary education, skills training and entrepreneurship, livelihoods, women empowerment and strengthening services for the differently-abled. The company truly believes that profit making is not the ultimate goal and thus strives to make a difference in the society thru noble means.
Every year the CSR Committee of the Company place for the Board’s approval, a CSR plan delineating the CSR programs to be carried out during the financial year and the specified budget thereof. The Board considers and approves the CSR plan with any modification that may be deemed necessary. The CSR contribution made by the company till date can be described as follows:
During year 2014-15
- We believe that education and skill development are the cornerstones of a progressive society and thus, we seek to provide quality education, training and skill enhancement to improve the quality of living and livelihood. The Company focuses on promoting primary and secondary education, enabling higher education through scholarships, promoting higher education through setting up and supporting universities and skill development through vocational training. During the year, an amount of Rs. 6,23,500/- was contributed for promoting education, including special education vocational skills.
During year 2015-16
The Company took over various community service projects during year 2015-16 which included rural development and educational improvisation. A glimpse of the same is provided below:
- An amount of Rs. 6,34,856/- spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care and free supply of medicines to flood affected areas in the state Jammu & Kashmir via Jammu Kashmir Relief Fund.
- Rs.8,06,250/- spent for installation of pure drinking water/(RO) plant in the village Haripura, Taluka- Savli, District-Vadodara Gujarat-India for the benefit of almost 1100 Village people.
- Rs. 89,670/- incurred towards students uniform provided to Muvaltank Primary School- Muval-Taluka Savli, District-Vadodara. Gujarat-India for the benefit of 250 students.
- Rs. 5,06,500/- spent towards promoting education, including special education vocational skills for children and get benefit of 600 students.
During year 2016-17
Reinforcing its commitment towards sustainability, the company spent an amount of Rs. 10,41,248/-by supplying free medicines to Shree Gujarat Vanvasi Kalyan Parishad, 4-Nutan colony, Near SSG hospital, Vanikarpaga, Salatwada, Vadodara-390001.Gujarat-India for the welfare of poor people, Rs.5,22,000/- towards promoting education amongst children of the poor workers of the villages nearby, Rs.1,80,000/- towards water tank under “Gram Jal and Swachata Samiti” Project and Rs.51,000/- contribute to “Anoopam Mission” for “Pragnan Tirth – Sarvangi Shikshan Sansthan” Project.
In addition to this, Rs. 46,603/- were spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care and free supply of medicines to Sewa Rural- Society for education welfare at Bharuch, Gujarat.
During year 2017-18
The spend towards healthcare goods and services is only around 4.2% of the national GDP, with wide gaps between the rural and urban populations in its healthcare system which worsens the problem. A staggering 70% of the population still lives in rural areas and has no or limited access to hospitals and clinics. Bharat Parenterals Limited endeavors to bring quality healthcare closer and accessible to the communities through its health interventions. During year 2017-18, the Company focused and participated in following projects:
- Rs.1,00,000/- paid to Convenor Model District Programme, Vadodara towards welfare activity and Rs.1,00,000/- paid to Akshar Trust, Vadodara.
- An amount of Rs. 5, 34,000/- spent for promoting education, including special education vocational skills. The project intends to develop the children from the underprivileged community by motivating and mentoring them to evolve positive attitudes and behavior in Education, Health, and Gender Equality, and to develop their socio-emotional skills.
Rs. 16,74,071/- spent towards promoting health care including preventive health care and free supply of medicines to Following Five institutions :
- Shree Vidhyagure Foundation, Amreli
- Shri Maruti Jivan Jyot Trust, Chhota Udaipur
- Sewa Rural, Bharuch
- Shree Gajanand Sewa Samiti, Gandhinagar
- Shree Gujarat Vanvasi Kalyan Parisad
During year 2018-19
- The Cost of Rs.9,06,610/- is incurred for implementation of “Sujlam Sufalam Jal Abhiyan – 2018” initiated by Government of Gujarat. The said activity is executed in the Jambudiapura Village, Vadodara, Gujarat. Government targets to create an additional 11,000 lakh sq. ft capacity of rain water storage through this project.
- Rs. 1,20,000/- incurred towards students scholarship provided to “Sankheda Dasalad Samaj” Vadodara, Gujarat-India for the benefit of 23 students.
- Rs. 5,92,191/- spent towards Kerala Flood Relief by way of supplied life saving medicine. In the aftermath of the severe southwest monsoon that devasted the South Indian state of Kerala, over 370 lost their lives, and a million people are displaced. The biggest calamity over the past century has resulted in estimated losses of over $3 billion.
- Rs.1,00,000/- paid to Akshar Trust, Vadodara towards Convener Model District program.
- Rs.11,00,000/- paid towards donation to “Bharat Ke Veer” fund for who lost their lives in the 14th February,2019 Pulwama attack.
- The Cost of Rs.6,32,261/- is incurred for implementation of CCTV in Ashoj Gram Panchayat, Tal. Savli, Dist Vadodara.
- Rs.51000/- paid to Seva Rural, society for education and action rural, Jagadia, Dist. Bharuch, Gujarat towards donation for medical facility & educating children of tribal area.
During year 2019-20
- We believe that education and skill development are the cornerstones of a progressive society and thus, we seek to provide quality education, training and skill enhancement to improve the quality of living and livelihood. The Company focuses on promoting primary and secondary education, enabling higher education through scholarships, promoting higher education through setting up and supporting universities and skill development through vocational training. During the year, an amount of Rs. 6,28,780- was contributed for promoting education, including special education vocational skills.
- Reinforcing its commitment towards sustainability, the company spent an amount of Rs.30,966/- by supplying free medicines to Art Plus BJMC Centre , B J Medical College & Sassoon, General Hospital, Station Road, Pune for the welfare of poor people.
- Rs.91,237/- paid to MGVCL, Desar towards re-connection of electricity at Himmatpura Juth Gram Panchayat for activation of water pump.
During year 2020-21
- In providing employment and income opportunities for rural residents. A rural development goal is to improve the well being or standard of living of rural people by increasing income earning opportunities in rural areas and thus company has contributed Rs. 300000 on rural transformation and help of poor people in the surrounding areas of the company.
- The Company has contributed to CSR an amount of approx. Rs. 30,00,000 during the pandemic of COVID- 19 by way of distributing mask, hand sanitizer, sanitizer stands, medicines etc. This will enable improvement in public health and strengthening public health systems. Several areas were covered to under such programme.
- Company has donated Rs. 12,00,000 in PM cares funds as an initiative to combat with the COVID-19 pandemic with the whole country.
- Being a developing nation, we need to grow at a faster pace and thus contribution for the development of nation one needs to be educated. Education helps countries grow economically since it is about getting knowledge and being able to apply it wisely to our lives and, at the same time, improving other people’s lives. Your company always believes in the above concept and thus made a contribution of approx. Rs. 10,00,000 as a direct expenditure for promoting the education.
During year 2021-22
- The continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic Social development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as the local community and society at large and thus company has contributed Rs. 12,94,486/- for promoting the healthcare of nation by providing free medicines, treatment and donating to the hospitals for better treatment of the people in the local areas and the surrounded areas.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in education follows as a natural investment in the future of human development for sustainability of the business ecosystem. While some scholars are of the opinion that providing equitable education should be the responsibility of the government, others opine that quality education comes from healthy competition between the private sectors. Whatever may be the outcome of the debate, it is a reality in today’s world that there are massive educational gaps within and across countries. From illiteracy as a global problem to un-employability of educated human resource in some countries, education requires inputs that are innovative, structured and scaled. Under the circumstances, it is inevitable that the Government and corporate sector comes together to contribute to this education and bring about a win-win both for the Government as well as businesses world over. It is with this thought the company has contributed Rs. 50,37,145/- for this purpose in various ways.
- Company has donated Rs. 8,424/-in PM cares funds and district government offices as an initiative to combat with the COVID-19 pandemic with the whole country.
The company is committed to continually explore new opportunities which align to its CSR philosophy and create maximum impact and incrementally invest in CSR activities to spend the prescribed CSR amount in the subsequent years.